Shri M. A. Khan Yusufi joined the Central Information Commission as Information Commissioner on 22nd November, 2013. Prior to joining the Central Information Commission,has been a Chairperson, Airport Appellate Tribunal, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Safdarjung Airport, Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, New Delhi. w.e.f. 03.02.2012 to 22.11.2013.
Apart from above, also discharged the duties of the following assignments/posts on the appointment, as such :
- Jt. Secretary & Legal Adviser in the Ministry of Law and Justice, Department of Legal Affairs and tendered legal advice to various Ministries/Departments Govt. of India, such as, M/o. Home Affairs, M/o. Finance, M/o. Urban Development, M/o. Commerce & Industry, M/o. Information & Broadcasting, M/o. Corporate Affairs, M/o. Human Rescore Development, M/o. Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, DoPT, etc.
- Chief Vigilance Officer for 6 years in Ministry of Law & Justice, Department of Legal Affairs.
- First Appellate Authority under RTI Act-2005 for 6 yrs in M/o. Law & Justice.
- Sole Arbitrator dealt no. of arbitration cases assigned by Law Secretary along with other functions.
- In-charge of the Judicial Section, Department of Legal Affairs, M/o. Law & Justice
for empanelment of various kind of Govt. counsel and even appointment of Law Officers as Attorney General of India, Solicitor General & Additional Solicitor General, etc.
- Member- Appellate Tribunal Foreign Exchange, M/o. Law & Justice, Janpath, New Delhi.
- Member (Law) of Mines Tribunal in Ministry of Mines, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi
- Legal Adviser, M/o. Labour & Employment, New Delhi.
- Nodal Officer of Sixth Pay Commission in Ministry of Law & Justice.
- Arbitrator- in the Directorate General of Supplies & Disposal (DGS&D)
- On being deputation, as Director (L) in Ministry of Chemical and Fertilizer and advised them on various references and also conducted and supervised their litigation pending in various Courts of Law in Delhi/New Delhi and outside Delhi.
- Deputy Director (Litigation) and Estate Officer in the Directorate of Estates in the Ministry of Urban Development
- After having being selected through UPSC as Assistant Legal Adviser (Grade IV of ILS) in Indian Legal Service, worked as Senior Counsel of CPWD, Ministry of Urban Development advising on the subject of Arbitration Act 1940, Companies Act, 1956, Partnership Act, 1935 and also acted as Senior Counsel and appeared and argued on their behalf before various- arbitrators. Also acted as Administrative Officer of the said unit of CPWD.
- Worked in litigation side of Ministry of Law & Justice in various courts of Law i.e. District Courts, High Courts and even Supreme Court as an official of Law Ministry and dealt with the Govt. cases with thorough knowledge of law.
- As Chairperson of AAT, heard and decided no. of land cases pertaining to encroachment of Airports Authority of India’s land spread all over India.
- As First Appellate Authority (FAA) in M/o. Law & Justice, Department of Law, heard and decided thousands Appeals filed u/s 19(1) of RTI Act 2005 after due notices to the parties concerned.
- Also attended no. of Conferences, Seminars & Meetings held in Delhi and even in foreign countries on various subjects of law including Intellectual Property Rights. on behalf of Law Ministry
- Dealt with no. of Vigilance cases on being appointed as Chief Vigilance Officer in Ministry of Law and Justice, Department of Legal Affairs, New Delhi.
- Deputy Director (Lit)- Directorate of Estates, M/o. Urban Development, acted as their Legal Adviser and also discharged duties of Estate Officer and decided thousands of eviction cases under the provisions of PP Act -1971 after due notice to the parties concerned.